Occupational Therapy Parramatta
Book Your Child’s Occupational Therapy in Parramatta at Head 2 Toe
Occupational therapy in Parramatta for children is designed to help kids achieve their daily occupations, such as school, play, and self-care. Occupational therapy can be particularly helpful for children on the autism spectrum who struggle with social interactions and unusual or non-verbal communication. The occupational therapists at Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Health can work with families to develop objectives to monitor, review, and modify as the child progresses.
Benefits of Seeing an Occupational Therapist in Parramatta
There are certain misconceptions around occupational therapy for kids, mostly by people who don’t understand the purpose of this treatment. This type of therapy helps kids achieve a normal lifestyle through individualised treatment plans tailored to meet each child’s unique needs. Some of the benefits of NDIS-registered occupational therapists include:
- Improved quality of life. Occupational therapy can help children develop the skills they need to be as independent as possible.
- More essential skills. Kids can learn daily living skills, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, perceptual skills, visual skills, social skills, and more.
- Sensory integration therapy. Kids who have trouble processing sensory input can benefit from occupational therapy, which can help them with sensory integration and the associated behavioural issues.
Key Questions to Ask Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Heath Regarding NDIS Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists possess a unique skill set that allows them to enhance and support your child’s participation and performance in school and their overall quality of life. With a little communication, you can learn to apply these concepts at home to help with self-care, homework, and other routines. Here are a few key questions to ask.
- What are my child’s strengths? Every person, regardless of age or ability, has unique strengths and weaknesses. Caregivers can leverage these strengths in therapy, in the classroom, and at home to support the child and help them improve their areas of weakness.
- How can I help my child at home? Your child’s therapist may have suggestions for carrying over therapy activities to the home setting, such as games to play that address your child’s needs. The more your child practices their new skills, the more likely it is that they’ll master the skill and put it to practical use.
- How do you know if my child is making progress? Find out how your child’s therapist collects data and determines whether they are making meaningful progress. If they aren’t making progress, the therapist will likely want to adjust the treatment plan.
About Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Health
Head 2 Toe is a one-stop-shop for kids and family therapy. We offer all our services under one roof as well as home and school visits if needed. We offer paediatric services, early intervention, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, and much more. We are an NDIS-registered provider, and we can provide our services regardless of your funding situation. We have many policies and procedures in place to ensure a safe environment in which to offer our services. If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, contact us today.
Get In Touch
<< Back to Articles