Speech Therapy for Kids
How Speech Therapy for Kids Can Help Your Child
Our speech therapy for kids covers a wide range of language issues that children may struggle with, not just articulation, stutters or lisps. We provide quality care in a warm and inviting environment and can help meet the needs of children who require speech pathology in Ryde. Our experienced therapists can assess and treat children who may have difficulty with dyspraxia, literacy skills, swallowing, play, social skills, non-verbal communication and more.
How Much Do You Know About Speech Pathology in Ryde?
Here are a few facts that you should know about speech pathology.
- It can help kids who struggle with reading and spelling: We can support kids who have difficulty with written language such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and auditory processing disorder. For example, speech therapy can help children with dyslexia hear and distinguish letter sounds which can improve their reading and comprehension skills.
- A speech pathologist can assess your child’s language: Our friendly professionals are experienced and skilled in evaluating your child to determine the type of language issue they have and then implement the appropriate treatment plan. We ensure to tailor a therapy plan to suit your child’s need which may include one-on-one sessions or in small groups.
- Therapy can benefit your child in several ways: We can help with articulation, fluency, resonance or voice problems as well as feeding issues. As children learn to speak more clearly, they can increase their confidence which can positively impact their social behaviour, emotions and academic skills.
What You Can Expect from Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Health Regarding Speech Therapy in Ryde
We provide a warm and welcoming environment where your child can relax and get the most value out of their therapy session. Our therapists can also:
- Conduct school or home visits: We can collaborate with your child’s school and teacher to help provide consistent support for your child. Our therapists ensure to supply valuable resources, support and training for parents and teachers that help to meet your child’s speech therapy requirements.
- Be involved in your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP): Our therapists are highly experienced in helping to ensure that your child’s IEP will help to meet their educational needs and work towards their learning goals.
- Collaborate within our multi-disciplinary team: To ensure that your child receives an effective, efficient and tailored therapy plan, our speech pathologists can collaborate with our multi-disciplinary team that includes occupational therapists, psychologists and physiotherapists.
Our therapists can assess and treat a wide range of communication difficulties.
About Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Health
Our multi-disciplinary allied health clinic offers a range of services to support families with children who have developmental, learning and behavioural difficulties. Our professional and experienced staff provide quality healthcare in one convenient location so your child can get the personalised treatment they need with our staff collaboration. We are a registered NDIS provider and can do home or school visits when required. Contact our friendly staff today for speech pathology in Ryde.
Get In Touch
<< Back to Articles